The purpose of the Building Committee is to direct the building process through feasibility study, schematic design and design development, and construction and to engage with all matters of repair, maintenance and fault management of all the buildings of the Applied science faculty, Vavuniya Campus of the University of Jaffna also to review internal building & infrastructure management decisions within the Faculty.
- To oversee faculty planning and development activity in the context of the faculty Master Plan and prudent environmental sustainability practices, and not less than annually to perform a review of the faculty Master Plan in the context of the Vavuniya Campus strategic plan.
- To make recommendations to the faculty board on faculty planning and development initiatives, with due consideration to the acquisition or disposal of land or buildings, the use of land, buildings and other facilities.
- To ensure that the faculty complies with all building codes, fire codes, safety regulations and statutory and regulatory provisions, as appropriate, in its building and properties program, and to review compliance annually.
- To ensure that the faculty has appropriate maintenance programs in place for buildings and properties.
- To be responsible for the aesthetic quality of the faculty, including landscaping and the siting and appearance of buildings.
- To agree, evaluate and review the faculty accessibility plan.
Current Members of the Committee 2023
|Prof. (Mrs).A. Nanthakumaran||Professor in Environmental Science||Chairman|
|Mr.B.Yogarajah||Senior Lecturer, Department of Physical Science||Member|
|Mr.S.Kuhanesan||Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Physical Science||Member|
|Mr.N.Edwin Linosh||Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Physical Science||Member|
|Mr.G.Naveendrakumar||Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Bio-Science||Member|
|Mr.M.Kayanan||Senior Lecturer,Dept. of Physical Science||Member|