Any person who permits or participates in ragging within the Campus, shall be guilty of an offence under the Prohibition of Ragging and other forms of violence in Education Institution Act, No 20 of 1998. Anti-Ragging Committee (ARC) monitors, directs and oversees the functions and performance of the Anti-Ragging Squads in prevention and curbing of ragging in the Faculty of Applied Science.
To prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging including any conduct by any student whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student, or indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student.
- To be vigilant at all hours all around the campus and other places vulnerable to incidents of, and having the potential of, ragging and shall be empowered to inspect such places.
- To make surprise raids on hostels, and other places vulnerable to incidents and having the potential for ragging.
- To conduct an on-the-spot enquiry into any incident of ragging referred to it by the faculty or student or parent or guardian.
- To ensure the display of posters on Institution and Department Notice Boards and other prominent designated places.
- To offer services of counselling and create awareness to the students.
Current Members of the Committee
|Dr.(Ms).A.Nanthakumaran||Dean, Faculty of Applied Science||Chairman|
|Mr. S. Suman||Marshal||Member|
|Dr.S.Kirushanth||Student Counsellor/ FAS||Member|
|Mr.T.Jeyamugan||Student Counsellor/ FAS||Member|
|Dr.(Mrs).S.Devaisy||Student Counsellor/ FAS||Member|
|Dr.(Ms)P.Malathy||Student Counsellor/ FAS||Member|
|Mr.P.Priyatharsan||Sub Warden, Male Hostel||Member|
|Ms. L. Dimala||Sub Warden, Female Hostel||Member|
|Ms. R. Pavithra||Sub Warden, Female Hostel||Member|
|Mrs. K.Anusiga||Assistant Registrar||Convener|