- IEEE student branch initiated to conduct a certificate course on Computer Networking for the duration of four days (two weekends) for the teachers from Vavuniya North Education Zone. Resource persons were Mr.S.Suthaharan / Senior Lecturer, Mr.T.Kartheeswaran / Lecturer (Probationary), Mr.S.Gobinath / Instructor and two Guest Lecturers Prof.R.G. Ragel CEO, LEARN, Mr.Andrew Howard / Network Manager, APAN, Australian National University, and Fourth-year ICT students as Demonstrators in March 2020.
- The undergraduate findings on burning issues related to Community and Environment to the school community (Students of Grade 10 and Grade 11) of Vavuniya District with the collaboration of Vavuniya Divisional Secretariat were conducted by undergraduates of the Faculty of Applied Science on 27th September 2020.
- Dr.S.Wijeyamohan, Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Bio-Science, Faculty of Applied Science was invited by the Institutional Development & Capacity Building Specialist Mr. Sanjeepan, to address the farmers of Oddusudan and Vannerikulam on the topic of Human-Elephant Conflict on 17th, 19th June 2020.
Safety measures to live with COVID-19
- Mobile application and Web application to track the COVID-19 Infected patients and their connectivity have been presented to the National Operation Centre and GMAO on 14th April 2020 by the fourth and third-year students with the supervision of Mr.T.Kartheeswaran, Lecturer(Prob), Department of Physical Science, Faculty of Applied Science.
- Banners on ‘Safety measures to live with COVID-19’ were prepared and displayed by the students of Environmental Science in six identified public locations in Vavuniya in three languages with the approval of Regional Director of Health Services, Vavuniya