The objective of the research committee is to evaluate and monitor the research activities of the Faculty academic staff in general and those who submit a research papers for research allowance in particular.
The committee consists of
Chairperson – one of the Senior academics with PhD
All Professors/ All Associate professors / Senior Lecturers nominated by the Faculty Board of FAS
The Committee shall have responsibility to advice on:
- Strategic policy and planning in relation to research matters within the Faculty of Applied Science.
- Issues associated with the conduct, relevance, and quality of research of Academic staff of the Faculty.
- Issues associated with the conduct, relevance, and quality of research and research training within the Faculty,
- Evaluation of research and scholar productivity using objective and subjective factors.
- Recommendation of. the quality research work through Dean and Rector to the Vice-Chancellor.
- The period of the Chairperson of the Faculty Research Committee is one year.
- Recommending research allowance for the respective year, after checking the research publication evidence shown is not in the predatory Journal the detail of which can be obtained from Senior Asst. Librarian of Vavuniya Campus.
Current Members of the Committee 2023
|Dr.R.Nagulan||Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Physical Science||Chairperson|
|Dr.S.Wijeyamohan||Senior Lecturer /Head, Dept. of Bio – Science||Member|
|Dr.(Mrs).S.Devaisy||Senior Lecturer GrII, Dept. of Bio - Science||Member|
|Mr.S.Thilaganathan||Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Physical Science||Member|
|Mr.S.S.Suthaharan||Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Physical Science||Member|