The Faculty Handbook is a guide to the student and staff of the Faculty and is designed to present general information such as University policies and practices as they apply to the Faculty of Applied Science and the Vavuniya Campus. The Handbook is compiled from a number ‘of sources and is maintained by the Dean’s office. Every Faculty member should be familiar with the Faculty Handbook. This Handbook must be updated with amendments made with the approval of the University and the suggestions highlighted by the Standing Committee on Science of the University Grants Commission to maintain uniformity across the Science Faculties.
The Committee on the Faculty Handbook shall receive proposed changes to the Handbook in matters of University governance, including Faculty services, policies, and responsibilities.
The committee shall be composed of
- Chairman – Senior academic staff of the Faculty of Applied Science
- Three members from each field of study
- Student Counsellors
The Functions of the Faculty Handbook Committee shall be to
- Review the Faculty Handbook
- Accept and consider suggestions for changes
- Recommend any revisions, modifications or amendments in writing to the Chairman of the Faculty Board.
- Minutes of the Faculty Handbook Committee are sent to the Chairman of the Faculty Board/ Faculty of Applied Science. The Faculty Handbook Committee also shall places the committee’s minutes on the Web for the perusal of all Faculty and other interested members of the Faculty of Applied Science.
Current Members of the Committee 2023
|Dr.R.Nagulan||Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Physical Science||Chairman|
|Mr.T.Jeyamuhan||Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Physical Science||Member|
|Mr.G.Naveendrakumar||Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Bio-Science||Member|
|Ms.R.Yasotha||Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Bio-Science||Member|