Mr. B. Yogarajah
B.Sc. (Hons) in Mathematics( Jaffna), Dip. in Engineering Mathematics( Peradeniya), M.Phil in Statistics(Jaffna).
Senior Lecturer Gr. II
Introduction of Statistics, Statistical Analysis, Design of Experiments, Multiple linear Regression, Nonparametric Statistics, Time Series Analysis, Sampling Techniques, Group Theory, Complex Variables
- M.Phil in Statistics University of Jaffna.
- Dip. in Engineering Mathematics University of Peradeniya
- B.Sc.(Hons) in Mathematics University of Jaffna.
- Chairman, Web Committee, Faculty of Applied Science 2019 – to date.
- Member, Curriculum Evaluation Committee, 2020 to date
- Academic Advisor- Faculty of Applied Science, 2018 to date.
- Member-Program Review – 2019 to date.
- Chairman Sport’s advisory board, 2017 to date.
- Senior Treasurer Faculty of Applied Science Students’ Union, 2017 – to date.
- Member, Faculty Research level Committee, 2010 – 2017.
- Member, Institutional Review Committee of the Vavuniya Campus, 2017 – to date.
- Member, Building committee Vavuniya Campus 2016 – to date.
- Member, Silver Jubilee Committee 2017.
- Member, Web Committee, University of Jaffna, Representing Faculty of Applied Science 2016 – to date.
- Member, Inquiry Committee Vavuniya Campus, 2013-2017
- University Senate Member, Representative for Faculty of Applied Science, 2015-to date
- Chairperson, PR Sub Committee for Teaching and Learning, Faculty of Applied Science, 2017 – to date
- Member, Curriculum Development Committee for the Department of Physical Science, 2010/2011, 2013-2015, 2017 – to date.
- Member, Internal Quality Assurance Cell, Faculty of Applied Science, 2014 – to date.
- Member, Board of Faculty of Applied Science, 1997 – to date.
- Academic Tutor, First year students Dept. of Physical science.
- Assistant Secretary Vavuniya Campus Teacher association 2014
- Acting Head Department of Physical Science, 2003/2004.
- Visiting Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering, University of Jaffna, 2019.
- Visiting Lecturer Open University of Sri Lanka, Vavuniya, 2016- to date
- Associate member of Applied statistical Association, Sri Lanka
- Guest Lectures to introduce SAS statistical package to the third year students, Department of Bio science, Vavuniya Campus
- Introduction of Statistics,
- Statistical Analysis,
- Design of Experiments,
- Multiple linear Regression,
- Nonparametric Statistics,
- Time Series Analysis,
- Sampling Techniques,
- Group Theory,
- Complex Variables
- Sripriya, and B. Yogarajah., “ Shortest Route for the Most Important Tourist Places in Sri Lanka”. 27th Annual Scientific Sessions of Jaffna Science Association (JSA). October 2020.
- PM Kumarage, B Yogarajah, N Ratnarajah, Efficient Feature Selection for Prediction of Diabetic Using LASSO, IEEE International Conference on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions, Colombo, pp 1-7. 2019. DOI: 10.1109/ICTer48817.2019.9023720
- B.Yogarajah ,(2017). “Auto Regressive Modeling for Annual Coconut Production in Sri Lanka”, VCIRS, Vavuniya Campus.
- B.Yogarajah ,(2016). “Modeling Gold Price in Sri Lanka (Box Jenkins Approach)”, RCBS, Vavuniya Campus of the University of Jaffna.
- B.Yogarajah, C.Elankumaran, (2015), “Impact Of Long Term Rainfall On Paddy Yield In BatticaloaDistrict , 2nd International Conference On Agriculture and Forestry, TIIKM’S-2015.
- B.Yogarajah, C.Elankumaran and R.Vigneswaran, (2014). “Investigate ARIMA and ARIMAX Models for Predicting Paddy Production in Vavuniya District in SriLanka”, First International Symposium RISTCON,(2014).University of Ruhuna.
- B.Yogarajah, C.Elankumaran and R.Vigneswaran, (2013). “Application of ARIMAX Model for Forecasting Paddy Production in Trincomalee District in Sri Lanka”, Third International Symposium, SEUSL: 6-7 Sri Lanka.
- B.Yogarajah, C. Elankumaran and R. Vigneswaran,(2012). “Behaviour of Rainfall Pat-terns in the Trincomalee District: A Time Series Modelling Approach”, JUICE, University of Jaffna.
- B.Yogarajah, (2010). “A time-series modeling approach for understanding the behavior of rainfall patterns in the Anuradhapura District ”, Journal of the SRI Lanka Association of Geographers.