Dr. K. Arjunan
BScHons (Env Sc) (Jaffna), MSc (Peradeniya), PhD (WSU, Australia)
Senior Lecturer Gr. II
- Doctor of Philosophy, Hawkesbury Institute for the Environment, Western Sydney University, Australia
- Master of Science in Biodiversity, Ecotourism and Environment Management, Post Graduate Institute of Science, University of Peradeniya
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science, 2008 – 2013, Vavuniya Campus of the University of Jaffna.
- Student Counselor, Faculty of Applied Science (2016-2018)
- Member, Sports Advisory Board (2016)
- Environmental Pollution and Control
- Environmental Policies & Laws
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Audit
- Arjunan, K., Nanthakumaran, A., Yatigammana, S.K. and Devaisy, S. (2021) Invasion of Parthenium hysterophorus L. weed over other common weeds in the Vavuniya district, Sri Lanka. Open University Research Sessions 2021. 16 -17 September, p.32.
- Arjunan, K., Medlyn, B.E., Yang, J., Tissue, D.T., Power, S.A. and Pendall, E. (2021) The co-ordination of stomatal, hydraulic, and leaf browning responses of grass species to experimental drought. Abstract summary for NSW node – Australian Society of Plant Scientists 2021 (ASPS 2021), 25th of November 2021. pp. 5
- Arjunan, K. and Umasuthan, S. (2018) Public Perception and Management Implications of Invasive Flora in Vavuniya District, Northern Sri Lanka. International Research Symposium, Uva Wellassa University of Sri Lanka 2018 p.26.
- Arjunan, K. (2017) Rural responsiveness on the usage and adverse effects of plastic and polythene: Case study, Vavuniya District, Northern Sri Lanka, International Research Symposium on Pure & Applied Sciences, Kelaniya University of Sri Lanka 2017 p.35.
- Weerawardana, B.K.G., Nanthakumaran, A. and Arjunan, K. (2016) Spatial variability analysis on the distribution of natural forage species in selected tank bed grasslands of Mahaweli System“C’ in Sri Lanka. Proceedings of Wayamba University International Conference 19-20 August 2016 pp224.
- Arjunan, K. and Loganathan, P. (2015) Necessity of More Reliable Meteorological Model for Vavuniya District for Effective Planning. Published in First International Symposium 2015 Central Environmental Authority p. 9.
- Arjunan, K. and Nanthakumaran, A. (2015) A Preliminary Terrain Analysis using Digital Elevation Model for Sustainable Water Resource Management in Vavuniya District. Published in 3rd International Conference, Eastern University, Sri Lanka 2015.
- Arjunan, K., Nanthakumaran, A. and Suthakar, S. (2014) Application of SEBAL model for the mapping of evapotranspiration potential in Vavuniya district, International Conference of Agricultural Sciences-2014 Sabragamuwa University of Sri Lanka, 9th – 10th, January 2014. p. 68.
- Arjunan, K., Loganathan, P. and Suthakar, S. (2013) Estimation of Soil Moisture Contents of Paddy Fields in Vavuniya District Using Remote Sensing Technology. Published in International Symposium on Agriculture & Environment 2013, University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka.
- Patrick, A.E.S., Arjunan, K. and Naveendrakumar, G. (2011) Sex ratio, Gonado-somatic index and Fecundity of Tilapia sp. in the Vavuniya town tank, Vavuniya Campus Annual Research Session (VCARS) 2011 Proceedings, p. 14.
- Patrick, A.E.S., Naveendrakumar, G., and Arjunan, K. (2011) “Some aspect of linear morphometrics and sex ratio of Tilapia sp. in polluted and non-polluted location of Vavuniya tank”, Vavuniya Campus Annual Research Session (VCARS) 2011 Proceedings, p. 13.
- Kanthia Kunaratnam Gold Medal for best overall performance in Pure and Applied Sciences, University of Jaffna 2013
- Australian Research Council Post Graduate Research Scholarship (2018-2021)