Dr. (Ms.) S. Vijitharan
BScHons (Env Sc) (Jaffna), MSc (Peradeniya), PhD in Natural Resource Management (AIT, Thailand)
Senior Lecturer Gr. II
Natural Resource Management, Disaster Management, Global climate Change and Environmental Change, Forestry and Environment, Forest Carbon Monitoring, Management, and Modelling
- PhD in Natural Resource Management (AIT, Thailand)
- MSc in Disaster Management (Peradeniya, Sri Lanka)
- BScHons in Environmental Science (Jaffna, Sri Lanka)
- ENS1142 – Plant Biology
- ENS1232 – Environmental Sanitation
- ENS2152 – Forest Environmental Biology and Management
- ENS2233 – Environmental Disaster Management
- ENS3292 – Plantation Forestry and Environment
- ENS4182 – Climate Change
- Sharaniya, S. and Loganathan, P. (2016) Pre-harvest Interval and Pesticide Contamination in Different Vegetables collected from Local Market of Vavuniya, Sri Lanka. International Research Journal of Environmental Sciences. 5(2):27-30.
- Sharaniya, S. and Loganathan, P. (2015) Vegetable Growers Perception of Pesticide Use Practices and Health Effects in the Vavuniya District. American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.15 (7): 1479-1485.
- Vijitharan, S., Sasaki, N. and Venkatappa, M. (2021) Applications of Google Earth Engine for Mapping and Assessing the Changes in Dry Monsoon Forest: A case study in Vavuniya District, Sri Lanka. Joint International Symposium on Sustainable Forest Ecosystem Management (SFEM) by Taiwan, Japan and Korea, held 29th November 2021. pp. 07.
- Vijitharan, S., Venkatappa, M. and Sasaki, N. (2021) Assessment of Forest Cover Change using the Phenology-based Threshold Classification and Google Earth Engine. Geo for Good Summit 2021 organized by Google Earth Outreach, held 16th – 19th November 2021.
- Vijitharan, S. and Sasaki, N. (2021) Accounting for Forest Carbon Stocks in Vavuniya District, Sri Lanka using Google Earth Engine – Implications for Carbon-based Incentives. Forest Planning Society Summer Seminar Research Presentation 2021 organized by Japan society of forest planning, held 29th September 2021.
- Vijitharan, S. (2021) Knowledge and attitudes of farmers towards Synthetic Pesticide usage in Vegetable Cultivation: A Case Study in Vavuniya DS Division, Sri Lanka. 3rd South Asia Conference on Interdisciplinary Research 2021, held 5th November 2021. pp. 26.
- R and Vijitharan, S. (2020) A preliminary study on forest cover changes and its utilization in Vavuniya District. 7 th International Conference on Agriculture 2020 (AGRICO 2020), 26th – 27th November 2020.
- Vijitharan, S. and Sobana. K. (2019) Compost produced from domestic orgaic residues impact on growth and yield of Ipomoea aquatica. 2nd south Asia Conference on Multidisciplinary Research, Sri Lanka, 08th -09th November 2019.
- Vijitharan, S., Nanthakumaran, A. and Gunatilake, J. (2018) Dengue Outbreaks in Vavuniya District, Sri Lanka. Proceedings of the Postgraduate Institute of Science Research Congress, Sri Lanka, 9th – 10th November 2018.
- Sharaniya, S. (2018) A Feasibility Study of Compost Preparation by using Household Waste (Kitchen Waste and Garden Waste). 5 th International Conference on Agriculture 2018 (AGRICO 2018), 16th – 17th August 2018.
- Sharaniya, S. (2017) Evaluation of the Structure and Functions of Home Gardens in Vavuniya District, Sri Lanka. Vavuniya Campus International Research Symposium, Vavuniya Campus of the University of Jaffna, 9th August 2017.
- Sharaniya, S. and Sivarajah, S. (2017) Environmentally Friendly Methods to control Eichhornia crassipes. Proceedings of the National Symposium on Invasive Alien Species, Ministry of Mahaweli Development and Environment, Sri Lanka 20th January 2017. p. 12.
- Sharaniya, S. (2016) Consumer Awareness for Identification of Pesticide Contamination in Leafy Vegetables. Fifth International Symposium on Water Quality and Human Health: Challenges ahead, Postgraduate Institute of Science, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka 5th – 6th August 2016. p. 49.
- Sharaniya, S. and Loganathan, P. (2015) Awareness of Banned Pesticide usage among Vegetable Growers and Health impacts in the Vavuniya district. International Conference on Dry Zone Agriculture, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka 15 – 16 October 2015. p. 37.