Dr. (Ms.) S. Devaisy
BScHons (Env Sc) (Jaffna), MSc (Peradeniya), PhD (Australia)
Senior Lecturer Gr. II
- Doctor of Philosophy (Membrane Water Treatment), 2011 – 2015, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Master of Science in Environmental Science, 2007 – 2009, PGIS, University of Peradeniya
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science, 2002 – 2007, Vavuniya Campus of the University of Jaffna.
- General waste management Technologies
- Wastewater treatment techniques
- Environmental pollution and monitoring methods
- Solid and Hazardous waste management
- Nanthakumaran, A., Kadupitiya, H.K., Devaisy, S. and Athukorale, W.E.P. (2021) Exploring the village tank cascade systems (VTCSs) in Vavuniya district, Sri Lanka. Journal of Water and Climate Change. doi: https://doi.org/10.2166/wcc.2021.412
- Arjunan, K., Nanthakumaran, A., Yatigammana, S. K. and Devaisy, S. (2021) Invasion of Parthenium hysterophorus L. weed over other common weeds in the Vavuniya district, Sri Lanka. Open University Research Sessions 2021. 16 -17 September, p.32
- U.D.T.M Uduwarage and S. Devaisy, Treating rice mill effluent using waste rice hull. (Full paper). 10th Annual Science Research Session 2021, FAS, SEUSL. http://ir.lib.seu.ac.lk/handle/123456789/5889
- Sukanyah Devaisy (2017) Contamination of Agrochemicals and emergence of chronic kidney disease in Northern Sri Lanka, Northern Province water resource development colloquium Proceedings.
- Sukanyah Shanmuganathan, Loganathan, P. Kazner, C., Johir, M.A.H. and Vigneswaran, S. (2017) Submerged membrane filtration adsorption hybrid system for the removal of organic micropollutants from a water reclamation plant reverse osmosis concentrate, Desalination. 401 (2017) 134-141
- Sukanyah Shanmuganathan, V. Nguyen, S. Jeong, J. Kandasamy, S. Vigneswaran (2015) Submerged membrane – (GAC) adsorption hybrid system in reverse osmosis concentrate treatment. Separation and Purification technology. 146 (2015) 8-14.
- Sukanyah Shanmuganathan, S. Vigneswaran, V. Nguyen, P. Loganathan, J. Kandasamy (2015) Use of nanofiltration and reverse osmosis in reclaiming microfiltered biologically treated sewage effluent for irrigation. DesalinationforAgriculture. 364 (2015) 119-125
- Sukanyah Shanmuganathan, A.H. Johir, T.V. Nguyen, J.Kandasamy, S.Vigneswaran. (2015) Experimental Evaluation of Microfiltration– Granular Activated Carbon (MF-GAC)/Nano Filter Hybrid System in High Quality Water Reuse. Journal of membrane science. 476 (2015) 1-9
- Sukanyah Shanmuganathan, V. Nguyen, W.G. Shim, J.Kandasamy, A.Listowski, S. Vigneswaran (2014) Effluent organic matter removal from reverse osmosis feed by granular activated carbon and purolite A502PS fluidized beds. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry. 20 (2014) 4499–4508
- Sukanyah Shanmuganathan, T. Nguyen, W.G. Shim, J.Kandasamy, S. Vigneswaran. (2014) Performance of submerged membrane – Ion exchange hybrid system with Purolite A502PS in treating reverse osmosis feed. Separation and Purification Technology. 122 (2014) 24–31
- A. Johir, Sukanyah Shanmuganathan, S. Vigneswaran, J. Kandasamy (2013) Performance of submerged membrane bioreactor (SMBR) with and without the addition of the different particle sizes of GAC as suspended medium. BioresourceTechnology. 141 (2013) 13–18
- Sukanyah Shanmuganathan, M.A.H. Johir, T. V. Nguyen, S. Vigneswaran, J. Kandasamy (2012) Submerged Membrane Ion-exchange Hybrid System as a Tertiary Wastewater Treatment. 5th International Conference on Challenges in Environmental Science and Engineering, 2012. Melbourne, Australia.
- Sukanyah Shanmuganthan (2011) Peer observation and student feedback as effective tools for improving quality learning in higher education. Implementing quality learning for higher education purposes. Conference on Higher Education in Sri Lanka, Staff Development Centre, University of Colombo, 2011.
- Sukanyah Shanmuganathan, M. Manobavan, G.W.A.R. Fernando (2010) The importance of the small-tank cascade system for the sustainable production of water in the dry zone of Sri Lanka (Abstracts). 9th Asia Pacific Roundtable for Sustainable Production and Consumption, APRSCP 9th International Conference, 2010.
- Sukanyah Shanmuganathan, M. Manobavan, G.W.A.R. Fernando (2009) Analyzing changes in surface-subsurface hydrology in Vavuniya UC limits. Proceedings of the Sixth National Symposium on Geo-Informatics “Geo-Informatics for National development”, 2009. ISBN 955-130-812-4 (pp 63-74)
- UTS (UniversityofTechnology, Sydney) international research scholarship
- CTWW (Centre for Technology in water and wastewater) scholarship
- CRC-CARE (Co-operative research centre for contamination assessment and remediation for environment) research scholarship